5 Reasons For An Enhanced DWI Arrest in Denton
All criminal charges can have a profound effect on a person’s life. But, some charges should be taken more seriously than others. For example, you may think your Denton DWI or DUI charge is standard, but it could be an enhanced charge.
What Is An Enhanced DWI Charge?
Enhanced DWI or DUI charge means that a conviction will lead to harsher punishments and penalties. What happens during a traffic stop may constitute suspicion by an officer that you should be arrested for enhanced DWI or DUI. How should you handle this situation?
Why Is Your Denton DWI Charge An Enhanced DWI Charge?
Texas’ laws for enhanced DWI are different from other states, which is why you need to understand the laws in the state where you were charged. There are five known instances where a standard DWI charge is upgraded to an enhanced charge.
- You have more than one DWI conviction, and an enhanced DWI charge may be applied to the subsequent violation.
- Your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) level is two times or higher than the normal limit.
- There were minor children in the car when you were pulled over.
- You were DWI and involved in an accident that resulted in serious bodily injury to another person
- You were DWI and involved in an accident that resulted in the death of another person
Call 940-566-0271 for a free consultation
While you should take any DWI or DUI charge type seriously, it’s imperative to take the aggravated charge much more so. The situation will not fix itself, and understanding the case will help your defense. Contact our office today to discuss all of your options. The consultation is free.
Building A Credible Defense
When putting together a criminal defense, you need to know as much information as possible about the traffic stop and the resulting arrest. Investigation also helps find the best course of action for defending your case in court. Every DWI case is different, and traditional defenses may not be best for you and your situation.
Get started on your defense today by contacting our office at 940-566-0271 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Denton DWI attorney. Attorney Daniel K. Peugh is a former prosecutor and has handled hundreds of DWI cases.