Getting A Fair Criminal Trial in Denton County
If you think back, you may have a memory of sitting in a high school classroom while a teacher explained the Bill of Rights, which are also the first 10 Amendments to the United States Constitution. One of those very important amendments is the Sixth, which may have been briefly explained as the right to a fair trial.
Facing a Jury Trial in Denton County? Call For A Free Consultation
Your memory of the Sixth amendment may be hazy and what may have been unimportant in your high school years, is now critical if you or a loved one is facing or has recently been involved in a criminal trial.
Defining A Fair Trial – You Have The Right To:
- A Jury formed of people who live in the area where the alleged crime occurred.
- A Jury with members that have no prejudices or biases against you and no personal interest in the matter or outcome of the case.
- See the persons who have accused you of the crime that the prosecutor has charged you with and to hear and see all of the evidence against you.
- Present any witnesses who will testify on your behalf.
- Expect the prosecutor to comply with all laws and legal limits of their power. They will also respect your constitutional and civil rights.
Free Phone or In-Office Consultations
One of the most important rights you have is your right to have quality legal representation throughout your trial as this may be key in protecting your Sixth Amendment rights. Dan Peugh is an experienced trial attorney that will represent you in the best possible way and will always make sure your interests come first.
If you are facing a criminal trial in Denton County, you will be best prepared by having a skilled, experienced criminal defense attorney on your side that will fight for your rights. Call our office today for a free consultation.